Superannuation getting started

Posted on Posted in Superannuation, Taxation


For most people, superannuation begins when you start work and your employer starts paying super for you.

If you’re a contractor, you may also be entitled to super.

If you’re self-employed, you can choose whether to contribute super for yourself.

You should provide your tax file number (TFN) to your employer and/or super fund. If you don’t, your super fund may take extra tax out of your super contributions and will not be able to accept any non-employer contributions.

You can choose between a super fund that manages your super for you or you can set up your own self-managed super fund (SMSF).

Click on the link below that best suits your situation: